Today, on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, "Equal in Faith" invites women and men of all faiths to mark National Women's Equality Day by joining a day-long social media campaign to draw attention to the marginalization of women in our faith communities and highlight the need for gender justice in religion.
1. Post a photo and/or a message on Facebook and Twitter that includes the hashtag #equalinfaith and express your hope for religious gender equality. Be sure to make your post public. You can use one of the following suggestions or write your own.
- We are #equalinfaith
- Women of faith stand for equality #equalinfaith
- I am a feminist of faith #equalinfaith
2. "Like" the Equal in Faith Facebook Page, and visit the website equalinfaith.org (launching August 26th!) to help spread the word about Equal in Faith initiatives. Start a buzz!
3. Plan an action for International Women's Day!
During the next few months, Women's Ordination Conference, Ordain Women Now! of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, and the Mormon group, Ordain Women, will collectively host regional, interfaith planning sessions for a worldwide action for religious gender justice on March 8, 2015, International Women's Day. Stay tuned for regional meet-up information.
Interested in being a local leader? Contact Kate Kmcelwee@womensordination.org
Erin Saiz Hanna