The International Union of Superiors General (UISG) wrote to Pope Francis earlier this year with 5 suggestions in response to the desire to include women "in the various other settings where important decisions are made, both in the church and in social structures." (Evangelii Gaudium § 103)
1. Women could be named to high level decision-making positions within dicasteries and other such offices.
2. Women could be engaged from the beginning in synods and other places of critical dialogue within the church.
3. Women theologians be called upon to reflect on the role of women in the Church.
4. Women could be involved in the formation of seminarians so that future priests may have a better understanding of the psychology of women and also of the feminine religious life.
5. The language of the Church become gender inclusive.